Advances in material complexity and shrinking feature dimensions have necessitated a scale of
analysis only afforded by TEM/STEM and SEM. Sample preparation for this demanding type of
analysis has become a bottleneck and existing solutions have fallen short of facilitating the
evolving requirements of high resolution and high contrast imaging and analysis with negligible
artifacts and improved productivity.
The EM3 offers a comprehensive and cost effective solution for TEM and STEM sample
preparation. The division of functions, pre-prep and final prep, between two standalone and
optimized tools enables parallel processing for the highest total productivity. It also results in a
low cost per sample and, more importantly, a low cost per successful sample given the
success rate of preparation resulting from enhanced quality.
A dedicated, automated, timesaving, and user-friendly system that enables total solutions for TEM/STEM
and SEM sample preparation for both cross section and plan view in a wide range of applications.
Featuring a cryo-cooled, dry sawing process, the EM3 system prepares specimens of either crystalline
or amorphous materials. The output sample is mounted onto a compatible stub or standard TEM grid
mount that allows rework.
· Flexible Cryo-Cooled, Dry Sawing Process
· TEM side view, TEM plan view, SEM Sample Preparation
· Target as near as 0.5mm to Sample Edge
· Side view Multi-Target Process without Stub
· 300mm Stage allowing Full Wafer Inspection and Marking
· Full Wafer Navigation Capability
· High Magnification Optics (7500x)
· Quick Process with Pattern Recognition Software (PRS)
· Versatile Encapsulation Capability
· Xact Dedicated Sample Preparation
· Applicable for Site-Specific and General Area
· Enables Multiple Reworks of TEM Specimen
· Interfaces with Broad and Focused Ion Milling
· Increases Overall Throughput
· Improves Yield Analysis
· Improves Characterization
· Low Cost of Ownership