AWB PLATFORM - Outline SPECIFICATION
The AWB has the versatility to perform aligned: Adhesive, Anodic, Direct (High & Low Temp.) Eutectic, Glass frit, Solder & Thermo-compression bonding.
ALIGNMENT ACTIVATION & BONDING IN ONE MACHINE
Wafer bonding has found many applications in the field of MST, MEMS and Micro engineering. Applications include the fabrication of pressure sensors, accelerometers, micro-pumps and other fluid handling devices. The process is also used for first-order packaging of silicon microstructures in order to isolate package-induced stresses. OAI offers a wafer bonder that is excellent for anodic bonding, silicon direct, and thermo compression bonding applications. This stand-alone wafer bonders can used with any photolithography processing tool.
· No wafer movement between alignment & bonding - guaranteed alignment accuracy
· Wafer sizes from 2” - 12”
· In-situ alignment up to 1 micron accuracy. Visible, IR & NIR optics
· Forces up to 25kN and new "Brute" 100kN
· Voltage up to 2.5kV
· Independent control of upper & Lower wafer temperatures - (useful for getter activation)
· Temperature up to 560° C
· In-bond chamber alignment at bond temperature (reduces expansion misalignment effects))
· Best system for vacuum encapsulation (Large gap between wafers during pump-down)
· Simultaneous alignment, heating and vacuum pump-down (fastest cycle time)
· Cycle times for heating, vacuum, bonding & cooling down to 15mins
· 10-6mbar Vacuum to 2bar process gas
· Manual wafer loading or fully automatic cassette to cassette wafer loading (FAB12 Platform)
· Market leading short bonding cycles / high throughput.
· Best system for reducing / forming gas environment - e.g. for eutectic bonding (reproducible wafer surface environment).
· In-situ Radical activation
· No flags touching bond surfaces so no possibility of contamination, damage or flag removal issues
· Unique in-situ high accuracy UV cure
· Unique in-situ "Chemistry before bonding" capability
· Wide range of processes possible - Including Nano-Imprint